Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Reflections on the Biggest Loser premier episode

I'm watching the premier episode online. Didn't know I'd need a box of kleenex handy.

So many thoughts went through my mind as I watched. The one thought which kept coming back to my mind is what a sin it is to hurt yourself. Everyone has their ups and downs in life but the only problem food solves is physical hunger. Too much of it, whether it's healthy or unhealthy is no good.

It affects you in so many ways - carrying too many pounds for your body. You don't have to be morbidly obese to be unhealthy. No one threatens your life and makes you overeat. It's not life and death situation that makes one fat. Why hurt yourself? Why do it one meal at a time?

I'm watching - I'm not even through the first hour and I'm so upset because I can see myself in some of these people. I don't know if I can watch this anymore because I have a hard enough time remembering what I was doing to myself.

There's no reason to wait to make a change. You don't need the biggest loser or a trainer or $a 250k prize and endorsements to get started. It won't keep you there, anyway. Everything you need is right inside you. You've got to pull it out and keep it in front of you.

Stop hurting yourself with food, cause that's what it is. Just stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment